ASHI CPR and AED is designed specifically for laypeople and is an excellent choice for both the community and workplace setting. This extremely flexible program will help prepare people to respond to a cardiac arrest and choking. This program conforms to the 2015 AHA Guidelines Update for CPR and ECC.
Individuals who are not healthcare providers or professional rescuers but desire or are required to be certified in CPR and the use of an AED.
• Adult and Child
• Adults, Child, and Infant
• Max student to instructor ratio: 10 to 1
• Recommended student to equipment ratio: 3 to 1
ASHI-approved training materials
ASHI CPR and AED Student book (one per participant, print or digital)
- ASHI CPR and AED Instructor Guide (one per Instructor, print or digital)
- ASHI CPR and AED media presentation (program video, PowerPoint® or computer / online blended class)Digital resources• Streaming video player
• Create custom playlists
• Customizable blended learning playlists
• Pre-built digital Performance Evaluations
• Track past, present and future classes through TC portal • Mobile app, including offline mode
Recognized certification period
Up to 2 years
Successful completion (certification)
• Written evaluation: When not required by a regulatory agency, it is optional.
• Performance evaluation: All students must perform required skills competently without assistance.
Recommended time to complete
• Initial training:
– Adult: 2 hours
– Adult and Child: 3 hours
– Adult, Child, and Infant: 3.5 hours
• Renewal training: Less than initial instructional time
Categories: Training Opportunities / Courses