ASHI Basic First Aid was created to help students develop basic first aid knowledge, skills and the confidence to respond. The program is an excellent choice for both the community and workplace setting and conforms to the 2015 AHA and ARC Guidelines Update for First Aid.
Individuals who are not healthcare providers or professional rescuers but desire or are required to be certified in basic emergency medical care.
• Max student to instructor ratio: 10 to 1
• Recommended student to equipment ratio: 3 to 1
ASHI-approved training materials
- ASHI Basic First Aid Student book (one per participant, print or digital)
- ASHI Basic First Aid Instructor Guide (one per Instructor, print or digital)
- ASHI Basic First Aid media presentation (program video, PowerPoint® or computer/online blended class)Digital Resources• Streaming video player
• Create custom playlists
• Customizable blended learning playlists • Pre-built digital Performance Evaluations • Track past, present, and future classes
• The mobile app, including offline mode
Recognized certification period
Up to 2 years
Successful completion (certification)
- Written evaluation: When not required by a regulatory agency, it is optional.
- Performance evaluation: All students must perform required skills competently without assistance.Recommended time to complete• Initial training: 2.5-3 hours
• Renewal training: Less than initial instructional time